Casa Mia

Casa Mia

Friday, April 22, 2011

It's that time of the year again!

In spite of the fact that I am completely overwhelmed, I did manage to make my Easter bread and pizza rustica again this year. As it is Good Friday, I can't vouch for the pizza but the bread is better than ever, and prettier! See for yourself...


Even the Easter babies have improved. Granted, they are not the cute babies with handkerchiefs that Gram made each year, but they are getting better with age. The only story I have about them can be found in the archive from last year - 3/16/2010.  

It's really not worthwhile for me to provide you with this recipe as mastering the Easter bread is not an easy task. It literally takes years not only to perfect the intricacies of the two designs, but its taste as well as it's meant to be on the drier side and a bit denser than most breads. Balancing the right amount of anise seeds and sugar with the flour and salt is another technique that needs to be cultivated over the years. All in all, I don't know why anyone would make these breads, even I, except that traditions die hard in this family!

Happy Easter All!

No comments:

Post a Comment