Casa Mia

Casa Mia

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Welcome to my World

For a long time, I have collected recipes: some originate with my family and have been modified throughout the generations, and others are taken from cook books, magazines and cooking classes I have taken both in the US and Italy, also modified throughout the years. Not only are they tried and true and taste great, they have one thing in common: each has a very special meaning to me as they are associated with a particular person, place or occasion in my life which brought happiness.

For a long time, I have been dreaming of combining them - the story with the recipe because, among other things, I am also a writer. No longer the writer I had once hoped to be, but still one who likes to finesse the words in just the right way so the reader will understand a procedure better, thanks to me. Providing communications about technology to technology users has trained me to do that well. Understanding that anyone who eats usually associates the food with traditions, occasions and people, makes the combination of the story and the recipe more "digestable."

And so, this blog comes from my passion for great food that uses fresh, mostly healthy ingredients, the love of the people that I have cooked for and served and the funny, happy, and sometimes sad memories around each and every recipe. I hope you enjoy the stories and will use this recipes to create your own memories.

Valerie

1 comment: